The next rideout is planned for Sunday 3rd of October leaving Montford Bridge picnic area at 09:30 and is open to members and non members. Ride leader for this months ride will be Rob Hall and tail end charlie will be either Tim Moore or Bryan Murphy. If the route is available digitally it will be posted on the Route Library page prior to the ride and can be be downloaded to your Garmin or TomTom Sat-Nav devices using MyRouteApp. Please note, if downloading (exporting) to a Garmin device and you get straight lines instead of nice curvy lines then choose Garmin Old (GPX 1.o).
As always, if you need any assistance please get in touch. [email protected]
In the event of unsafe conditions, floods, ice etc. It is the ride leader’s prerogative to cancel the ride. Better to miss a ride than cause harm to riders or machines.
- Tutors and full members will have been issued Hi-Viz vests with the SaPAR Logo printed on them. Can I ask that those attending the rideouts wear them?
- If you are marking a junction, be sure to indicate with strong arm gestures where the following riders should go. This is not a good time to be checking your Emails.
- Whilst riding, try to keep an eye on other riders in front and behind you, if they disappear they may be in trouble.
- If you intend leaving the rideout before the end please let TEC know and leave either before or after the group so as not to confuse things. A rider suddenly veering off course causes concern and TEC could go chasing after them. If you leave and have a loaned Hi-Viz please return it to TEC before you leave.
- Protective clothing must be suitable for riding a motorcycle in the current and expected conditions. Riders arriving at Montford Bridge expecting to ride with the group in shorts and flip flops will be disappointed.
- You are responsible for your own riding.
- Speed limits will be obeyed.
- Overtaking within the group is allowed so long as it is done safely and courteously. Do not overtake the ride leader.
- You must be in control of you motorcycle at all times.
- Motorcycles MUST be taxed and where necessary MOT’d.
- You must have a driving licence and insurance for the machine that you ride.
- We ride to the slowest riders abilities.
- This is a social event, neither SaPAR, it’s officers or RoSPA can be held responsible for any injury or damage however caused. It is your responsibility to ride responsibly and within the law.
- Always be punctual and with sufficient fuel. (Fuel stops will be made during the day.)