MyRouteApp is a free app that allows routes to be created or existing routes to be used. You can register for the app which for a 14 day trial provides the full program. After the trial you have the choice to either subscribe to the Gold version or continue to use the basic free version. This free version is perfectly adequate for creating and sharing routes. Also on the app website are many instructional videos and a useful forum which will help you to get the best out of the app. As always, if you need any assistance please get in touch. [email protected].
MRA Navigation is a navigation app for your phone for less than £17 PA but currently has an introductory offer of just under £9 PA (these are priced in Euros). This app will connect to any route that you create using MRA and will display said route on your phone screen with voice guidance. Click here to see their webpage.
We need ride leaders and Tail End Charlies for our monthly rides. Members, please see the ‘Ride Leaders, Dates and Times’ list in the Members Area which shows the planned rides and those needing a Ride Leader and Tail End Charlie.
If you are willing and able to fill a slot then please let me know. It is not necessary to join as a pair, you can select either a ride leader or TEC position.
Remember – no leader=no rideout
Monthly rideouts do not just happen they have to be planned in advance. There are many routes already available in the Route Library which can be used as is or adapted to suit your requirements.
You do not have to be an advanced rider to lead a ride, but you must be a member.
If you are able to contribute to the group’s activities, please read this document which outlines what is expected of a ride leader. For more information please contact
In the event of unsafe conditions, floods, ice etc. It is the ride leader’s prerogative to cancel the ride. Better to miss a ride than cause harm to riders or machines.
- Tutors and full members will have been issued Hi-Viz vests with the SaPAR Logo printed on them. Can I ask that those attending the rideouts wear them?
- If you are marking a junction, be sure to indicate with strong arm gestures where the following riders should go. This is not a good time to be checking your Emails.
- Whilst riding, try to keep an eye on other riders in front and behind you, if they disappear they may be in trouble.
- If you intend leaving the rideout before the end please let TEC know and leave either before or after the group so as not to confuse things. A rider suddenly veering off course causes concern and TEC could go chasing after them. If you leave and have a loaned Hi-Viz please return it to TEC before you leave.
- Protective clothing must be suitable for riding a motorcycle in the current and expected conditions. Riders arriving at Montford Bridge expecting to ride with the group in shorts and flip flops will be disappointed.
- You are responsible for your own riding.
- Speed limits will be obeyed.
- Overtaking within the group is allowed so long as it is done safely and courteously. Do not overtake the ride leader.
- You must be in control of you motorcycle at all times.
- Motorcycles MUST be taxed and where necessary MOT’d.
- You must have a driving licence and insurance for the machine that you ride.
- We ride to the slowest riders abilities.
- This is a social event, neither SaPAR, it’s officers or RoSPA can be held responsible for any injury or damage however caused. It is your responsibility to ride responsibly and within the law.
- Always be punctual and with sufficient fuel. (Fuel stops will be made during the day.)