Due to the latest lockdown procedures in England, as from 00:01 on Thursday 5th November 2020 we have had to cease our rideouts. Members living in Wales must abide by the firebreak and adhere to all local requirements.
Members will be notified by Email as soon as we are in a position to resume our rideouts although in reality this not likely to happen until 2021. If any non members are interested in joining us for a rideout and would like to be notified and have not already done so, then please complete the form below.
If any member wishes to lead a small rideout (Max 6 riders) then they are permitted to do so under current restrictions. If this event was to be organised by SaPAR then the group would have to jump through many hoops, risk assessment and so on to be able to do so. If individuals choose to go for a ride they are free to organise their own rides (Max 6 riders) with invited friends.
For the latest official guidance from RoSPA see the Latest Information page:
Once restrictions have been lifted then we look forward to recommencing our normal rideout activities.
Remember to bring a £1 coin for the Guess The Mileage competition
We Look Forward to seeing you
Important Information - Please Read
- In order to keep the group together it is desirable that members and guests on the ride shall be identifiable by wearing something that lets other riders and Tail End Charlie (TEC) know that they are on the ride or marking a junction.
- Tutors and full members will have been issued Hi-Viz vests with the SaPAR Logo printed on them. Can I ask that those attending the rideouts wear them?
- For guests or associate members who have not yet received their Hi-Viz vests there will be some spares available for you to borrow.
- If you are marking a junction, be sure to indicate with strong arm gestures where the following riders should go. This is not a good time to be checking your Emails.
- Whilst riding, try to keep an eye on other riders in front and behind you, if they disappear they may be in trouble.
- If you intend leaving the rideout before the end please let TEC know and leave either before or after the group so as not to confuse things. A rider suddenly veering off course causes concern and TEC could go chasing after them. If you leave and have a loaned Hi-Viz please return it to TEC before you leave.
- Protective clothing must be suitable for riding a motorcycle in the current and expected conditions. Riders arriving at Montford Bridge expecting to ride with the group in shorts and flip flops will be disappointed.
- You are responsible for your own riding.
- Speed limits will be obeyed.
- Overtaking within the group is allowed so long as it is done safely and courteously. Do not overtake the ride leader.
- You must be in control of you motorcycle at all times.
- Motorcycles MUST be taxed and where necessary MOT’d.
- You must have a driving licence and insurance for the machine that you ride.
- We ride to the slowest riders abilities.
- This is a social event, neither SaPAR, it’s officers or RoSPA can be held responsible for any injury or damage however caused. It is your responsibility to ride responsibly and within the law.
- Always be punctual and with sufficient fuel. (Fuel stops will be made during the day.)